Friday, April 8, 2011

Beef Vindaloo Mix




I have a friend who raves about Vindaloo, but being a lightweight when it comes to hot spices I’ve never been able to order it. But the good thing about making your own is you can put as much or little spice as you want, so I’m finally able to taste the flavor of Vindaloo without burning my intestines.

Beef Vindaloo Mix

3 tablespoons coriander powder
3 tablespoons cumin powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons cloves
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne




What else you’ll need

1 pound beef cut in cubes
3 peeled and chopped potatoes
14 oz can of tomatoes

Combine 3 tablespoons of mix beef, spices and all other ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.

I served mine with rice and cauliflower. I found it heavy on the cumin but I really don't like cumin so that could be why. Jason and Sera really seemed to enjoy it. You be the judge. Or just put less cumin...

No comments:

Post a Comment