Saturday, April 2, 2011

Teriyaki sauce mix




When I lived in Seattle there seemed to be a teriyaki take out shop on every corner. I remember that for four dollars I could get a huge container of teriyaki chicken, rice and even a bit of salad sometimes. It probably wasn’t the healthiest meal, but it was delicious!

Now I’m married to a man who is big on teriyaki chicken, so I’ve worked on creating the perfect teriyaki recipe!

Teriyaki Sauce Mix

1/3 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
2 teaspoons dried chives
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon sesame seeds



What else you’ll need

1 pound boneless skinless chicken, beef, pork or tofu
3 tablespoons soy sauce




Combine 2 tablespoons of mix with soy sauce in a bowl and stir well. Add meat/tofu cubes and stir well until everything is coated in sauce. Marinade for 2 hours and then stir fry on medium high heat until meat/tofu is cooked.




I served mine with steamed rice and baby carrots. Everyone gobbled it right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment