Friday, July 15, 2011

Greek Salad Dressing Mix




My husband has this thing about salad, he says 'it's a whole lot of chewing for nothing'. But I recently discovered it's the lettuce he doesn't like, not salad in itself. So bring on the lettuce free salads!

Greek salad is the perfect 'man salad'. No lettuce, tasty olives, feta cheese. My cousin Mike loves it so much that he was spending every cent he had on overpriced take out salads until he learned how to make his own.

Greek Salad Dressing Mix (makes one cup)

1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/4 teaspoons oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons basil
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar




What else you'll need

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Greek salad ingredients (cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese)

I used an old bottle from BBQ sauce that I make all my salad dressings in. I use a funnel to make it easier. Forgive my rusty old stove. The mix it up kitchen is not a beautiful one.



I used about half the dressing for a salad made with one cucumber and 2 tomatoes.


I served the salad with two of my other favorite mixes: chicken souvlaki and seasoned roasted potatoes. I can't think of a more delicious dinner for a beautiful summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment