Friday, July 8, 2011

Pizza seasoning mix




I've got a serious pizza addiction, I read pizza fliers the way some women read romance novels. Lactose intolerance doesn't even stop me, I'm willing to pay the price.

But pizza is expensive, especially when you get it delivered. Pick up isn't always possible because sometimes the craving hits while my daughter is napping and I can't go anywhere. Then I need to make do with what I have on hand.

Pizza seasoning mix (single use)

1 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon garlic flakes
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
1/8 teaspoon chili flakes




What else you'll need

1 cup of plain tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
Pizza crust
Cheese
Toppings

I didn't like the idea of all the leftover sauce from only needing one cup so I created the perfect way to make a cup of plain tomato sauce- I mixed one can of tomato paste with 1/2 cup of water and stirred it until it was smooth, then I added the seasoning mix to it. It was perfect!




For crust I like to use those thick pocketless Greek pitas and make mini pizzas with them. I find they bake really well and are much cheaper than those pre-made pizza shells and much easier than making your own crust.






I topped my pizzas with jarred artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers because that's what I had in my fridge. Very tasty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment