Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Butterscotch Pudding Mix

After staring at some boxes of pudding mix in the dollar store recently and wondering how my daughter would like pudding, I decided to try my own mix. I had made chocolate pudding at the Mix It Up party this spring (but forgotten to take pictures!) so I thought I would try another flavor.

Butterscotch Pudding Mix (single use)

1/4 cup powdered milk
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
pinch salt




What else you'll need

1 cup cold water
2 tablespoons melted butter

Melt the butter in a small saucepan, or if making fat free pudding, omit entirely. I used it but feel it may have tasted better without. Combine the mix and water in a bowl and stir until well mixed, then pour into the saucepan. Simmer the pudding, stirring frequently until it begins to thicken. Pour into a glass bowl and store covered in the fridge until chilled, then serve.





I felt it tasted like butterscotch pudding, but I am not a pudding person so my husband will eat it later tonight and probably love it. My daughter gave it a good try like the adventurous eater she is, but asked for applesauce instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment