Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tabbouleh Mix




It's sad what motherhood has reduced me to sometimes, but an exciting outing for me these days is going shopping at Costco and trying all the samples. I always make sure I go close to lunch or dinner time so I can hit as many as those little tables as possible.

Last week one of the samples was tabbouleh salad which was very delicious but also very expensive considering how cheap the ingredients are. I had also seen several boxes of various 'tabbouleh mix' in the grocery stores lately so I knew I needed to mix it up!

Tabbouleh Mix Single Use

½ cup cous cous
1 tablespoon sun dried tomato finely chopped
¾ teaspoon parsley
¾ teaspoon dried mint
¾ teaspoon dried chives
¾ teaspoon dried onion flakes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried garlic flakes
Pinch pepper




What else you'll need

3/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Combine mix ingredients, oil and lemon in a bowl and stir until evenly mixed. Pour in boiling water and stir, then cover with a plate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve warm or chilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment