Friday, October 14, 2011

Chocolate Cranberry Muesli Mix

We've been on a big muesli and granola kick in our house lately, but it bothers me that those tiny little boxes cost so much money when most of the ingredients are so inexpensive. I also don't like how much added sugar some of them have, so I decided to have a go at making my own using my favorite ingredients!

Chocolate Cranberry Muesli Mix (single use)

1/4 cup bran flakes
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup corn flakes
1/4 cup rice crispees
2 tablespoons almond slivers or bits
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips




Big Batch (makes about 8 good sized bowls)

2 cups bran flakes
2 cups oats
2 cups corn flakes
2 cups rice crispees
1 cup almond slivers or slices
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix it well


Serve with milk. I used almond milk for mine!


I created this mix by copying the main ingredients listed on the box of my favorite store bought kind but even though some costly (or unhealthy) ingredients were left out my version still tasted far better! It only took moments to make but the money saved and improved taste were certainly worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment