Friday, October 7, 2011

Dill Cream Cheese Seasoning Mix




I used to think I hated cream cheese, but then they came out with those flavored ones and suddenly I was in love. Is there anything better than a toasted bagel slathered with a savory flavored cream cheese?

Recently only the plain kind of cream cheese was on sale. It was an outrage, I mean what am I going to do with THAT? It turns out, season it myself!!!

Dill Cream Cheese Seasoning Mix (single use)

1 tablespoon dried dill
2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder




What else you'll need

1 250 gram tub or brick of plain cream cheese

Combine mix with cream cheese and stir well.



I had mine on crackers because we had no bagels or bread in the house that day.


Delicious!

This would be a good recipe for the times those double sized tubs go on sale and you wanted different kinds, or if you have some plain cream cheese left over from baking cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment