Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bacon and Chive Roasted Potato Seasoning Mix




I've had the luxury of grocery shopping on my own lately, which means being able to slow down my cart long enough to actually look at the things on the shelves. I used to have to browse packaged mixes online, but now I can actually pick up the packages and look closely at the ingredients and wonder if I can mix it up...

This weekend I noticed a mix for bacon and chive roasted potato seasoning. It looked delicious, but like most of them was full of chemicals. I know from experience that the chemicals don't bring taste, they add shelf life so they can travel far and sit around in a store for months or even years. Something we don't need to worry about when we mix it up.

I knew I could nail it... and I did...

Bacon and Chive Roasted Potato Seasoning Mix (single use)

1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon bacon bits
1 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


What else you'll need

4 medium sized potatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons oil

Slice potatoes (Peeling is optional) and toss in oil. I use a mixing bowl with a lid to toss them in oil. Add mix and toss again until evenly coated.



Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes until they start to look golden brown, flipping once if possible.



These were so good that the 3 of us were fighting like a pack of wild dogs over them at dinner tonight, and the 4th member of the family was kicking happily in my belly when I ate them. I served them with BBQ steak and steamed veggies. I'll be making them again soon for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment