Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Creamy Chicken Fusilli Mix




I am TIRED of potatoes. Especially baked potatoes. My husband would eat them every day if it was up to him. No thank you! I'm glad I'm the cook here and can decide on something else.

Like...

Creamy Chicken Fusilli Mix (single use)

2 tablespoons dehydrated vegetable flakes
2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
pinch pepper


What else you'll need

1 cup uncooked fusilli (or other shaped) noodles
2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter

Combine mix with cold water in a saucepan and stir well. Turn burner to medium heat and begin to simmer, adding butter and noodles to the pot.


Stir occasionally until noodles are tender and sauce thickens.


I served this with delicious roast chicken and baby carrots. It paired perfectly and we gobbled it all up.


The only problem with this recipe is that it was TOO good. There was nothing leftover to eat for lunch, so I had to make a second batch. I took that batch and mixed in some leftover chopped chicken and carrots to make it into more of a casserole, which was also very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment