Friday, April 20, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie Mix




We're a chicken eating family and I'm always looking for things I can make with leftover cooked chicken. I'm not the biggest fan of handling raw meat so I prefer to roast or cook too much chicken and then make meals using the leftover meat.

Here is another one I've concocted recently...

Chicken Pot Pie Seasoning Mix
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon salt


What else you'll need

1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups chopped vegetables (I used 1 each of carrots and peas)
1 cup cooked chicken

In a saucepan combine mix and water and stir, then add in butter, vegetables and chicken and simmer until sauce thickens.


Pour mixture into an unbaked pie crust or a glass baking pan. Top with crust of your choice. I like to use biscuit dough as my topping. You can find a good recipe of plain biscuit dough at my friend's blog of Southern cooking right here: Amanda's biscuits.

If you're using biscuit dough spread evenly on top of pot pie mixture with a spatula.


I may have spread mine a bit too thick, the dough part came out huge, but it was still good.


Bake the pie in the oven at 350 degrees F until the crust is golden brown.


We all enjoyed this one, even with the giant crust! It's going on the 'list' for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment