Friday, April 13, 2012

Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese Mix




This baby went through a huge growth spurt in the past couple of weeks and made me into an eating machine. I was eating so much for a while there it was almost comical, yet still she kept saying 'more more more! feed me mama!' What she wanted more than anything for some reason was toast with cream cheese... garlic cream cheese!

Garlic cream cheese is the best and I buy it when it goes on sale, but sometimes only the plain kind goes on sale, or the craving starts and nothing is on sale, but the no name brand (which is much cheaper) only makes plain cream cheese. When this happens I mix it up...

Herb and Garlic Cream Cheese Mix (single use)

1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt


What else you'll need

1 package or tub of plain cream cheese (250 grams)

Combine mix with cream cheese and stir well. Keep in a covered container in the fridge, the flavors will kick in more once it's been sitting for a few hours, although I usually start digging into it right away.



This mix tastes EXACTLY like the Phillidelphia brand Herb and Garlic cream cheese. I got my husband and daughter to taste test, but they didn't get much at all. Our other daughter in the making did though and from the kicks I got to the ribs I know she was saying 'thanks mom!'

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe. You’re right, it tastes just like the Philly one! This will save me a heap of money as it almost never goes on sale at the supermarket. Yummo! PS my kids love it too!

    ReplyDelete