Monday, April 2, 2012

Spinach Dip Mix



Not only am I pregnant, but it seems like almost all my friends are also pregnant along with me, were pregnant for the first half of my pregnancy or are just announcing their pregnancies right now. I'm just at that age. People are having babies.

But...the problem with so many pregnant friends is that pregnant women like to talk about food. Constantly. And when one pregnant woman mentions a craving it sets off a chain reaction of cravings to any other pregnant women around her. It's contagious, you start off with just your own cravings and catch a bunch more from pregnant friends throughout the day.

Last week another friend who is expecting was craving spinach dip, and even though it's something I only eat at parties I suddenly needed some NOW! So...

Spinach Dip Mix (single use)

1 tablespoon dried vegetable flakes
1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon dill
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/8 teaspoon celery seed




What else you'll need

1 tub of sour cream (about 500 ml- 2 cups)
1 package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1 round loaf pumpernickel bread (optional)

Combine mix with sour cream. Drain the spinach as much as possible. I squeezed it as hard as I could to get the water out to avoid a watery dip. Stir in the spinach once it's no longer dripping.





I like to make 'monkey brains' which is when you hollow out a round loaf of pumpernickel bread and fill it with dip, dipping the hollowed out bits in and eventually ripping apart the whole thing and devouring it.


This dip satisfied my craving and then some. My daughter and I sat at the table fighting over it. I had to cut us off before we got sick, but I snuck back for more when she wasn't looking and made myself so full I couldn't eat lunch or dinner that day. It was SO worth it though.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete