Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix


I apologize for only posting once last week but we went out of town for my sister's wedding. Her wedding included a vegetarian buffet that was so delicious that it inspired a mix I'm working on right now and will hopefully post in the near future.

In the meantime...

My daughter is in love with cookie monster and it's no surprise- he reminds her of her daddy. My husband is a complete cookie addict. Some men drink, some men gamble. Mine eats cookies. Lots of cookies.

He's in good shape from the rest of his diet and regular exercise, so this one vice isn't such a big deal. But he tends to buy those cheap packages of chocolate chip cookies that are loaded with trans fats and preservatives. Not something I want the love of my life to be eating on a regular basis. So to keep him safe, I guess I need to bake cookies more often. But it's a lot of work to make them from scratch every time and the only solution is to mix it up...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (big batch- why make anything less? makes 4 uses)

5 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder



What else you'll need

1/2 cup butter
1 egg or substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine 2 cups of mix with butter, egg and vanilla and mix well. If you are mathematically inclined you might wonder why the amount of ingredients doesn't add up to the amount of mix. This is because a cup of flour is different than a cup of chocolate chips- things are different sizes and when mixed together make for a different volume. I discovered that tonight which is why the cookies don't look as pretty as they should- too much mix, not enough liquid. But cookies are cookies so they are still good....



Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes and cool before serving.


Delicious!


I know I'll be making a gigantic batch of this before the baby is born to keep on hand for the cookie monster in my house.

1 comment:

  1. This mix is going of make a great Christmas gift this year. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete