Friday, May 25, 2012

Creamy Bacon Carbonara Mix


Most pregnancy symptoms are very unpleasant. I wouldn't wish morning sickness on my worst enemy. BUT... once in a while you get one that you actually enjoy and this pregnancy I have experienced the mythical disappearance of lactose intolerance.

For the past 6 years dairy products have not been my friend and it's become worse over time. But in the past few months things have changed- first cheese became ok again, and now I'm even ok with dips and desserts and creamy sauces. I know this is a limited time offer, so I'm milking it for everything it's worth (no pun intended!). One of the things that I've been enjoying is my creamy pasta creations, so I've been mixing it up...

Creamy Bacon Carbonara Mix

2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon bacon bits
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


What else you'll need

2 cups cold water
1 cup uncooked pasta
2 tablespoons butter

In a saucepan dissolve the mix in the water and stir in the butter and pasta.


Simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking until pasta is tender and sauce thickens.


I served it with steamed veggies and (surprise surprise) leftover roast chicken.


It was creamy, delicious and something I'm certainly going to miss in a few weeks when I'm not longer able to eat it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment