Friday, May 11, 2012

Creamy Garlic Raffaello Pasta Mix


I hit 35 weeks today and all week I've been nesting like crazy. The baby's room is set up, the closets are in perfect order and a whole lot of junk went out on the curb on garbage night. The downside? I had no time and energy left over to cook, so I kept sending my husband to buy rotisserie chickens from the grocery store, whipping up a salad and throwing some baked potatoes in the oven.

We never got tired of chicken and salad. But baked potatoes? Ugh! I needed a new side dish that I could make quickly, so I decided to mix it up and came up with...

Creamy Garlic Raffaello Pasta Mix

2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder


What else you'll need

1 cup pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups cold water

Combine mix, water, butter and pasta in a saucepan and stir until well mixed. The Sidekicks this is based on uses sea shell pasta, but we love shell pasta so much we had none left and had to use penne!


Simmer noodles on medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Continue until noodles are tender and the sauce thickens.


Of course, I served mine with grocery store chicken and salad. It was a much needed change from baked potatoes!

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good, Lulu! Does it taste the same as the Knorr Sidekicks version? I was looking for a recipe online to make it from scratch and found this. I'll have to try it when I can source all of the ingredients.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been 5 years so I don't quite remember, but most of these noodle side dish receipts tasted just like the packaged ones so I think so!

      Delete
    2. Perfect, thank you for the quick reply! I'm looking forward to trying it!

      Delete