Friday, June 1, 2012

Potato Salad Seasoning Mix


It's June! I know that the 'real' first day of summer isn't for another three weeks, but to me June= summer and that means summer foods! We've been eating a lot of BBQ, crunchy green salads and picnic foods. Like....

Potato Salad Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon dried chives
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon celery seed


What else you'll need

4 cups cooked, chopped potatoes
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or equal amount of oil/vinegar mixture)
various chopped items of choice (celery, pickles, eggs, bacon, ect)

Cook potatoes and set aside to cool. Combine mix with mayo or substitute and stir well. I don't eat eggs so I use a mixture of oil and vinegar. You can also do this if you're either watching your weight or concerned with food spoilage. Vinegar based salads are much safer in hot weather to be left out on tables than egg based ones.


Mix in other chopped ingredients. I chose just to use potatoes because I was in a hurry and they were all we had anyway.

Once potatoes are cool mix them in with sauce/other ingredients and either chill until use or serve.


I served it with some grilled chicken pitas. It was a delicious easy meal for a gorgeous summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment