Thursday, August 23, 2012

Herb and Garlic Bread Dipping Oil Mix


I'm trying to use more olive oil and less butter these days. A pastry brush helps, but so does flavor. I love dipping my bread in flavored oils, it's much much better than butter ever could be. This one is my favorite.

Herb and Garlic Bread Dipping Oil Mix

1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon parsley


What else you'll need

1/4 cup olive oil
bread for dipping

Combine mix with oil and stir well before serving.


Refrigerate any leftovers. I use them for extra flavor when I make pasta primavera.

I served mine with a sliced baguette. It was seriously delicious. The 3 of us sat around the plate attacking it until all the bread was gone, then my daughter tried to eat the oil with a spoon. No need for butter here.




No comments:

Post a Comment