Monday, August 20, 2012

Steak Marinade Mix


I'm finally on the mend and back in the kitchen after 2 1/2 terrible weeks. It makes me sad that I lost most of August, but also determined to really enjoy that last little bit of summer. Which includes... BBQ!!!

I really dislike fatty meats, but I also can't afford super expensive steaks either. I compromise by buying lean, cheap marinading steaks like sirloin tip and flank and make a marinade to soften them up.

Steak Marinade Mix

1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes


What else you'll need

2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon vinegar

Combine mix with wet ingredients and marinade steak in a bag for up to 48 hours before grilling.




I served mine with mixed vegetables and baked sweet potato. The steak was so delicious tender it literally melted in my mouth. If you want a rich man's steak for poor man prices, all you need is the right marinade.


No comments:

Post a Comment