Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beef Stroganoff Seasoning Mix


Although I'm not happy about the recent cold weather (I'm not a fan of winter coming up), I am excited to be using my slow cooker more often. Recent experiments in the kitchen have led to...

Beef Stroganoff Seasoning Mix

2 beef bouillon cubes
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon thyme


I discovered that you can totally omit the beef bouillon cubes and replace them with a teaspoon of salt and still have the same taste- the beef itself has enough beef flavor!

What else you'll need

1 pound of stewing beef
1 cup water
1 package or can sliced mushrooms
1 cup sour cream
Cooked pasta noodles

Combine mix, mushrooms, water and beef and slow cook for 8-10 hours on low. Add in the sour cream near the end and stir well.

I served ours with mixed green salad and whole wheat rotini to make it a healthy meal. The beef cubes were so tender they melted in our mouths and everything got gobbled up.






1 comment: