Thursday, October 25, 2012

Garlic crouton mix


Lately I've been craving the 'all you can eat salad' from Eastside Mario's/Olive Garden/ect. The only problem is I don't feel like spending a ton of money on a meal or a take out salad. I was trying to think what was so delicious about THAT salad when it was just a few basic ingredients that we already have at home. Then it hit me... CROUTONS!!!!

Garlic Crouton Mix (single use)

1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Yes, it really is that simple. 3 ingredients to season.

What else you'll need

4 slices of bread
1/4 cup butter

Slice bread into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl with a lid.



Melt the butter and stir in the mix. Pour onto the bread cubes, then put the lid on the bowl to shake it around until cubes are nicely coated.


Spread cubes evenly on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees until golden brown, flipping once.


These were amazing! They satisfied the urge for expensive salad and then some. Fresh, homemade croutons are in a complete league of their own. My husband begged for salad. My daughter called them 'toast cookies'. I had to make another batch because they went so quickly. I can't believe how expensive those crappy ones at the grocery store are in comparison.

I am hooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment