Monday, October 22, 2012

Oatmeal Cookie Mix


My mom used to buy those packaged oatmeal cookies when we were kids, those kind that came in those little packets of 2. This week I wanted something simple with a similar taste so I decided to mix it up in the kitchen...

Oatmeal cookie mix (single use)

1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Big batch

5 cups quick oats
4 cups flour
4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon


It's important that you use quick oats- regular oats will give the cookies that dry, cardboard taste but quick oats make for a smoother cookie like those you can buy.


What else you'll need

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg (or substitute)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Blend butter, egg and vanilla and then stir in 3 1/4 cups of mix.



Roll dough into balls and flatten with a fork on a cookie sheet.


Bake for approx 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.


Oh... Wow! These were good. So good that after I had eaten one and gone upstairs to put the baby down for a nap they were all gone when I got back downstairs 2 minutes later. I guess I'll be making more....


No comments:

Post a Comment