Friday, October 5, 2012

Parmesan Herb Panko Crust Mix


We eat a lot of chicken and fish and I'm always on the lookout for new tastes to give us some variety. I very much enjoyed my cajun crusted sole, so I wanted something with the same crunch with a different taste.

Parmesan Herb Panko Crust Mix

1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt


What else you'll need

1 tablespoon oil
4-6 pieces of fish or chicken
egg for coating (optional)

Combine mix with oil and stir well.


Coat each piece of fish/chicken in beaten egg (optional, I always skip this) and then dip it in the coating mix. Since I don't use egg I sprinkle the rest on top of the pieces when I'm done for extra crunch.


Bake the fish or chicken in the oven until golden brown (temperature and time dependent on what you're making)


I served mine with homemade fries, veggies and salad. It was very delicious. The Parmesan adds a salty taste, so you can probably omit the salt if you're on a low sodium diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment