Saturday, November 10, 2012

Butterscotch Blondie Mix

My oldest daughter is extremely sensitive to the caffeine in chocolate. I swear she could eat a single chocolate chip at 9 in the morning and still be awake from it at midnight. This has made baking kind of difficult, especially brownies, which are one of our favorites.

But then I thought of something...

Butterscotch Blondie Mix (single use)

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
2/3 cup butterscotch chips (or chocolate chips, nuts, candy, ect in any combination)

Because of the clumping properties of brown sugar (which is essential to the flavor of blondies), it's not advised to make a 'big batch' of blondie mix. BUT, you can make a bunch of single batches in jars to use later or give as gifts. You can do more elaborate layering and use a large mason jar if it's a gift. I just dumped the ingredients in and used an old peanut butter jar myself.


What else you'll need

1/2 cup butter
1-2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth and then stir in mix and stir. It helps to shake the contents of the jar to mix them before pouring them into the bowl with the wet ingredients.


Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until sides begin to brown.


Let the blondies COMPLETELY cool before cutting or they will crumble. I had to hide mine from my husband and child while I went out to get groceries. But oh, they were worth the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment