Friday, November 23, 2012

Crab Cake Seasoning Mix



A while back my husband was complaining that we don't eat enough crab. You know, because we're such millionaires and all. I think I've made crab legs once in the entire 7 years I've been with him. To appease him I picked up a few cans of canned crab and figured I could make something affordable with that. It took me a while to get around to it, but this week I made:

Crab cake seasoning mix (single use)

1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
pinch paprika
pinch pepper


What else you'll need

1/2 pound crab meat (2 cans drained)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayo
flour for dusting

Combine seasoning with bread crumbs and then stir in crab and mayo. Chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.




Form cakes and dust with flour, then fry in butter, olive oil or a combination of both until each side is golden brown.



I made a second batch without mayo (they were super crumbly) because I can't have eggs, but I also made Jay a lemon garlic aioli for dipping (this was a mix as well, coming soon). Those things got gobbled up FAST.


I sometimes make these using canned salmon as well, which is even cheaper and is very healthy. Those are also delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment