Friday, November 30, 2012

Vegetable Soup Mix

Baby it's cold outside! The snow is here for the season now and that means sledding, constant runny noses and SOUP! Some days I make elaborate homemade soups that can't compare with anything else. But other days I'm sick, or I want to spend my time sledding with my oldest daughter and then whip something up quickly as fast as I can. Store bought soups and soup mixes have such a gross aftertaste, so that's why I need to mix it up...

Vegetable Soup Mix (single use)

1 vegetable bouillon cube (or 1 tablespoon bouillon mix)
1/4 cup dehydrated vegetable flakes
1/4 cup soup noodles (I used alphabet)


Yep, that's it. 3 ingredients. So easy.

What else you'll need

1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 cups water

Combine mix, tomato paste and water in a small saucepan and simmer, stirring well to dissolve the bouillon and tomato paste first.


Cover and simmer until noodles and vegetables are tender. It's the best soup you'll eat for so little work. I ate the whole pot in one sitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment