Thursday, December 6, 2012

Garlic Salt Mix

We're having our kitchen re-done this week! It's very exciting and looks great, but it's also meant several days of paper plates and freezer meals reheated in the microwave and toaster oven.

I decided to post one of the easiest but much beloved mixes today from my makeshift kitchen- Garlic salt! Garlic salt is perfect to sprinkle on baked chicken, potatoes, popcorn and fries. I also use it to make 'lazy man's garlic bread' like I did today.

Garlic Salt (makes 1 teaspoon for a recipe)

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Big batch (makes a spice jar full)

3 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder



To make my lazy man's garlic bread I just cut up some french bread, brushed on some olive oil with a pastry brush (use unsalted butter if you are using butter, it's salty enough!), sprinkled on some garlic salt and toasted it in my toaster oven. Served on a paper plate of course! Delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment