Monday, January 28, 2013

French Salad Dressing Mix


I've been craving crisp delicious salads lately so the other day I bought a whole fridge load of fresh vegggies, but when I got home I realized we were completely out of dressing! So...

French Salad Dressing Mix (single use- makes about 1 cup (half a bottle))

3 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
pinch cayenne


Big batch (makes 4 half bottles)

3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
4 teaspoons mustard powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

What else you'll need

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar

(You can adjust levels of oil/vinegar depending on how much or little fat you want in your dressing. I like full fat.)

Combine 1/4 cup of mix with oil and vinegar and shake. I put mine in an old bbq sauce bottle that I use for making salad dressings. It's 500 ml (2 cups) which is the same size as most bottles of salad dressing.


We loved it! It was perfect on a romaine salad topped with tomato, strawberries and avocado.



No comments:

Post a Comment