Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Double Onion Dip Mix

My 2 year blog anniversary was on Sunday and I completely forgot about it because I was home alone with both kids and things were hectic. But the past two years have been so much fun, and with hundreds more mixes brewing in my brain I know I have many years left. So happy birthday Mix It Up!

My daughter really likes carrot sticks lately, and my husband will tolerate them if they are smothered in dip. So these days I've been experimenting with lots of different dip mixes. Like...

Double Onion Dip Mix

1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon dried chives
3/4 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon thyme


Big Batch (makes 4 uses)

4 teaspoons dried onion flakes
4 teaspoons dried chives
3 teaspoons parsley
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme

What else you'll need

1 cup sour cream, mayo or yogurt (or a combination of them equal to one cup)

Combine 4 teaspoons of mix with your choice sour cream/mayo/yogurt and stir well. Let the dip sit covered in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving for full taste to emerge.


Delicious and healthy too!




1 comment: