Monday, February 25, 2013

Mix It Update- new blog

I started a new blog this week- unrelated to cooking and food. I just got tired of all the ridiculous things I was seeing online, ideas that looked lovely, but just wouldn't fly in my world.

We live in a small semi detached house. So do most people. We don't have a 'mud room'. We don't even have a bathroom on our main floor!

We aren't very handy. My husband doesn't just whip up a set of bunk beds in the shape of a pirate ship as a fun weekend project. He can hang a picture if I ask him, but even assembling a bookcase from IKEA prompts a lot of yelling and crashing.

We are a family of four living on one small, modest income. We need to make the most of what we have.

I'm lazy by nature. When I see ideas for elaborate themed birthday parties for toddlers I shake my head. My kids get a cake and a watermelon in the backyard.

Instead we make do with our small space and our small income. I think of ways to make life easier without spending a lot of time or money. I make things fit. I find ways to entertain the kids. We're never going to win the lottery, and you probably won't either. So I decided to start a blog of the systems and solutions I have when it comes to raising kids when you have what you need, but not much else.

You can check it out here at: I gave up by noon.



No comments:

Post a Comment