Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BBQ sauce mix



My husband is OBSESSED with BBQ sauce. He practically drinks it. He puts it on almost everything and it's starting to get expensive! I've been working on a homemade version for months now and this one is his favorite:

BBQ sauce mix (single use)

1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne



What else you'll need

1 can tomato paste
1 cup water
1/3 cup of vinegar
(up to 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce are optional but I found they didn't make a lot of difference)

Combine mix with wet ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer on low until sauce thickens a little. This can take a while.



I put mine in an empty BBQ sauce bottle but I often just put it in the covered bowl in the fridge because he uses so much so fast.



He puts it on everything but I only use it on chicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment