Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chicken wing seasoning mix

My husband and I love to order wings (we actually went out for some while I was in labor with my second daughter. I ate them in between contractions and banged on the table during them), but they are SO expensive. I've tried buying the slightly cheaper boxed versions at the grocery store that you can bake in the oven, but those are 14 kinds of disgusting. But recently I discovered giant packages of fresh plain wings for sale at Costco and tried many different variations of...

Chicken wing seasoning mix (single use- coats about 20 wings)

1 tablespoon flour
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne



What else you'll need

20 fresh raw chicken wings

Toss wings in a covered bowl or bag with mix until evenly coated.



Bake in the oven at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit until fully cooked (about 45 minutes in our oven but it may vary)



These wings are much healthier (and cheaper) than restaurant wings but much better tasting than the frozen boxed ones. I can buy a package of 60 wings for about $18 ($14 if it's on sale), so an 'order' of 20 wings only costs me $6 or less. This means we can have wing night in our house a lot more often now.



No comments:

Post a Comment