Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sun dried tomato and basil rice mix



I didn't like the smell of whatever chemical they use on commercial sun dried tomatoes, so recently I learned how to make my own instead. They are absolutely amazing! I've made them twice in the past couple weeks now. Sun dried tomatoes add great flavor to mixes and other cooking. Here is one I came up with that I love.

Sun dried tomato and basil rice mix

1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder



What else you'll need

1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups cold water
2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine mix with water in a small sauce pan and stir well. Stir in rice and oil and simmer on medium heat until rice is cooked.



I served it as a side dish with chicken and asparagus. It was delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment