Monday, July 22, 2013

Funfetti Cake Mix



My almost 4 year old daughter is obsessed with sprinkles. I mean what little girl isn't? They make everything seem more fun! I saw a box of 'funfetti' cake mix at the store and realized I wanted to try my own!

Funfetti cake mix (single use)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup sprinkles
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt



I put mine in a large jar so I could stir it by shaking and get the sprinkles evenly distributed. But also this makes a nice gift in a jar.

What else you'll need

1 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

I would suggest blending the wet ingredients well before adding in the dry mix. I didn't do this, which caused me to overmix, which cause the sprinkles to bleed into the batter and make it look a bit grey.



Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they begin to brown a bit (times will vary based on size. I almost always do cupcakes)





You can frost these, but I don't like to because it pretty much triples the amount of sugar going into my child and she is young enough to think unfrosted cake is good enough. She was just excited about the sprinkles. They don't call it FUN-fetti for nothing!



1 comment: