Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lulu's magic grilled chicken marinade mix

It's been HOT lately. Too hot to use the stove top or oven for sure, too hot to eat warm meals. When the weather is like this all I want for dinner is grilled chicken sliced on top of a big arsed salad with crunchy cool cucumbers and Italian dressing.

I always pondered why the grilled chicken at restaurants tasted SO much better than the stuff I made at home. I realized it must be the marinade, so I fiddled around and finally hit perfection.

Lulu's magic grilled chicken marinade mix

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano



What else you'll need

1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken

Combine mix with oil and vinegar and add raw chicken. Some people marinade in bags but I use a glass bowl because it's less wasteful. I let mine sit for about 2 hours in the fridge to really get the flavors in it.



Throw the chicken on the BBQ and grill to perfection!!



Slice into the thickest part to make sure there is no pink left.



Enjoy it on salad, in a wrap, on a bun, as is.... Delicious!!!!



2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! What kind of vinegar did you use? Plain distilled white? White wine? Something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just plain white vinegar. I am very picky about my vinegar, I don't like it to overpower other flavors so I always use plain.

    ReplyDelete