Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lulu's Sweet and Salty Rib Rub



We usually host a Canada Day BBQ at our house and this year I decided I wanted to do RIBS! I looked around at some seasoning recipes and combined a few to come up with this one to suit my tastes...

Lulu's Sweet and Salty Rib Rub

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne



I bought 10 pounds of pork side ribs from Costco and this mix was just enough to heavily coat them all to perfection.



Our BBQ is an $89 Canadian Tire POS so I knew I couldn't fit all 10 pounds on there for a lengthy rib cooking. Instead I pre-cooked them in a covered turkey pan in the oven (250 degrees for about 3-4 hours) and then finished them off on the grill for about 10 minutes on low.



The ribs were a huge hit at our party: meaty, tender and seasoned to perfection.



They didn't even need BBQ sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment